37 Cents Indigenous Art Mini Sheet|
F.s. 0,90 Indigenous Art Mini Sheet
Euro 0,51 Indigenous Art Mini Sheet
United Nations Postal Service will issue eighteen new art stamps on the 31st of January 2003 named "Indigenous Art" The stamps are issued in three different mini sheets. An explanation of the stamps and postage values of each of the sheets is as follows:
37 cent mini sheet (from left to right)
- Paracus Textile - created in Peru between 600-200 B.C.
- Anthropo-zoomorphic pendant - created by Sinu culture in Colombia between the years of 150-900 A.D.
- Hicholi Indian embroidery - created in Mexico.
- Back Ornament - created by Rigpaktsa people in Brazil in the 20th century.
- Chile Wool Crafts - created in Chile.
- Huari Feathered Woven Hat - created in Bolivia between the years of 700-1000 A.D.
F.s. 0,90 mini sheet (from left to right)
- Poncho of Inca - created in South Coastal Peru between the years of 1430-1532 A.D.
- Seated Figure - created in the Bahia culture in Brazil in 500 B.C.
- Blanket with Face - created in Ecuador in the 20th century.
- Mayan Stone Sculpture - comes from the ruins of Xunantunich, Belize.
- Embroidered Fabric - created in Guatemala.
- Dog Sculpture - created in Mexico between the years of 500 B.C. and 100 A.D.
Euro 0,51 mini sheet (from left to right)
- Panamanian Mola - depicting two pelicans.
- Mochican Stirup-Spouted Vessel - created in Peru.
- Tarabuco Woven Cloth - created in Bloivia
- Mask at Havana Marketplace - created in Cuba.
- Feather headdress of an Aztec Priest - created in Mexico in the 19th century.
- Bird-Shaped Staff Head - created in Colombia between the years of 1100-1600 A.D.
The Indigenous Art mini sheets can be purchased as single mini sheets, or FDC's. Each of the stamp sizes measures 35mm x 35mm with a perforation size of 14. The stamps will be printed using the offset lithography printing process by the House of Questra(United Kingdom). A quantity of each mini sheet printed will be 165,000 of the 37 cent mini sheet, 168,000 of the F.s. 0,90 mini sheet , and a quantity of 212,000 of the Euro 0,51 mini sheet.